HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR BUSINESS?
Whiting engineers and manufacturers high quality custom designed equipment for chemical & metallurgical industries, materials handling & railways, mass transit, and many other customers in North America and around the world.
WHAT IS YOUR MARKETING STRATEGY?
North American sales are handled directly by our sales force. Elsewhere, we use either licensees or agents assisted by our sales force.
WHAT ARE YOUR PARTNERING INTERESTS?
We are interested in reaching agreements with additional licensees and agents to assist our sales in foreign markets. Local fabrication and servicing capability are beneficial.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN FEATURES?
- Custom designed for your needs
- Modern control systems
- Least cost of operation to provide long-term profitability to our customers
WHO ARE YOUR CLIENTS?
- Automotive manufacturers
- Steel mills
- Abrasive industry
- Refractories industry
- Chemical producers
- Pulp and paper Industry
- Fertilizer plants
- Power plants
- Grain Elevators
- Mass transit authorities
- Locomotive manufacturers
- Rolling stock manufacturers
Worldwide Whiting has provided more than 75% of installed railway maintenance infrastructure, 500 electric arc furnaces, 6,000 cupolas, 14,000 cranes, more than 70% of North America's operating Praxair licensed AOD's, and more inorganic chemical crystallizers, evaporators and condensers than all other Canadian manufacturers combined, since 1984.
HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO OTHERS?
- Whiting designs are rugged, built to North American ANSI & ASME standards
- Equipment is designed for ease of operation and maintenance
- Whiting service continues long after equipment is installed
HOW DO YOU ASSURE QUALITY CONTROL?
- Whiting has Professional Engineers of Ontario Certificate of Authorization
- Whiting has Certificate of Authorization from the Association of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
- Build to ANSI standards
- Manufacture to CWB 47.1 & ASME CODE Section VIII Division 1
- Maintain in-house inspection
- External inspection
- ISO 9001:2015
WHAT ABOUT FUTURE DEVELOPMENTS?
- Application of advanced microprocessor controls
- Development of new patented designs
- Continuous improvement of all our designs